Friday 22 July 2011

Trip to Pana

After a nice breakfast this morning & strolling around Antiqua, we loaded the bus for our long bus ride to Panajachel.   We've been introduced to Geovany our tour guide for the next couple of days and he started to teach some important Spanish phrases, some history of the area and other facts about Guatemala.  I had a chance to use some phrases Emily taught me today.  Almost bought a baby!  Oops--guess I didn't get the "how old is he" quite right.  However, I don't have him with me.  This is a beautiful area & it was an interesting and picturesque drive here.  The roads were very winding & narrow and there have been wash outs so road construction is being done.  We are at a very high elevation and surrounded by mountains/volcanoes.  It was another beautiful sunny day.  Our hotel is very nice and has a huge area for roaming, heated pool with a waterslide and will be much quieter than the previous hotel in Antiqua.  Hoping for a good quiet sleep tonight.  Will post pictures tomorrow as I'm tired & am sitting in a very dimly lit area while writing this.  So much so it is very difficult to see even the computer keys.  Thank goodness I can type without looking.  Loading pictures in the dark may be a bigger challenge.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment