Saturday 16 July 2011

The countdown is on...

Four sleeps & still lots to do!  However this has been a wonderful week & one that shows how much care & support there is for those less fortunate.  To give an example, what started out as a talk between co-workers about molasses cookies took on a life to become a Silent Auction inwhich over $600 was raised on Wednesday!  I've found backpacks full of various items hanging on my door at home, friends and others who I have involvement with either on committees or in the community i.e. at the gym, are very generous with financial and various material donations and people insist that the financial donations be used for whatever is needed.  I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has contributed in whatever way they have chosen but I want to say how appreciative I am and I know the Guatemalan people who will benefit from those items will be left in awe about Canada, New Brunswick and the Fredericton area!   I will tell them & show them where I am from as I am very proud to be part of this area and the people who do so much and care for others.  Will keep you posted on how my packing is going over the next couple of days--that's the challenge!     

1 comment: