Tuesday 19 July 2011

One more sleep...

Sleep?!?!?  Will there be sleep tonight?  I'm so excited that the Guatemala trip is actually happening tomorrow morning!  Bright & early--plane leaves at 5:40.  One suitcase is all packed and weighed in at just under 50 lbs--whew!  Now to pack my clothes & the rest of the donated items.  It looks as though some of the donations will be shipped later unless my suitcase turns into a trunk!  I am so appreciative of all that has been donated and it will be so exciting to see the faces of the people on the receiving end.  I'm cramming on my Spanish at this point & Emily is writing down phrases for me (helping with the pronounciation too).  I hope people are very tolerant of my attempts at their language!  Will be signing off for now but hoping to post tomorrow evening from Guatemala.  Please send positive thoughts and prayers for safe travels.  Also keep Larry in your thoughts/prayers--this is his first time on his own, alone.  Although I secretly think Emily will be a frequent visitor.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment