Friday 1 July 2011

Plans underway...

My trip to Guatemala is a result of missing out with joining a trip to Bolivia in the fall of 2010.  I learned that this trip was full and I was very disappointed.  Having listened to various talks with my two aunts who are missionaries (retired now) one who had served in India and the other in Africa, I felt a calling, a true desire to offer what little I could. 

While out for a walk one day at noontime with co-worker, Elaine Babineau, I mentioned that I had missed out on the trip to Bolivia and that I had always wanted to go on a short mission trip to gain experience & knowledge that would enable me to plan for future mission trips and probably of a longer duration.  From there the seed was planted as Elaine knew someone who had gone to Guatemala, knew the organizer from Nova Scotia and the contacts began...

After many contacts with Leceta Chisholm Guibault, by early December my plane ticket was purchased and my plans were underway.  Elaine joined along and we are officially are on "Team Ceta July 2011".   Planning and many, many e-mails have lead us to this point.

Now with less than 3 weeks to go, July 20th is coming fast.  Donations of various items have been wonderfully arriving at home, at church and at work.  Thanks to everyone, the people of Guatemala will have some very nice items and gifts and will benefit greatly.  I have been overwhelmed with the generousity of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment