Sunday 7 August 2011

Finally home...

It's hard writing this last post as I have come to the end of my adventures in Guatemala.  On Friday, I woke at 12:55 a.m. and lingered in bed until the alarm rang at 2:50 a.m. which was the time for us to get ready & be at the front of the hotel for 3:30.  It`s very dark at that time of night!  The bus was loaded with the suitcases on top and some bright individual thought it just might not fit through the gate.  Low & behold, the bus tried through the gate (all the team on the bus), but couldn`t make it through so had to back up, suitcases off, bus through the gate, suitcases taken out to the street and reloaded on top of the bus.  Finally on the road to the airport.  No problems through the airports at Guatemala, Houston and Montreal.  Great flights but arriving home at 11:24 p.m. makes it a long day.  Having Larry & Emily at the airport to pick me up made my tiredness all go away as I wanted to share some stories & catch up with them as well.  However, when I eventually went to bed, it was so nice to sleep in my bed again!  Saturday was a lazy day although I did multitask--did the laundry, read some more of my book for bookclub and relaxed by the pool!  I think these qualify. 

Guatemala is a beautiful country and I am extremely glad that I have had the opportunity to participate in this mission trip.  I thank everyone who supported me in this endeavour with prayers, thoughts, support, donations, etc.   My wish/hope for everyone is that you will have a similar opportunity to explore another country, meet other people, gain understanding of another culture and truly give of yourself and your time.  Adios Guatemala!  Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment